Church of San Pietro e Marone

The church was built in a Neoclassical style between 1841 and 1853, and for a long time was the only parish in Porto Civitanova. During the 1990s it underwent restoration. Its facade displays statues of the two saints, Peter and Marone, and inside, on the main altar, there is a valuable painting depicting the Virgin of Mercy. [continua]

Lido Cluana

“Chalet Miramare”, the city’s first beach establishment, was created in the area that has been known as Lido Cluana since 1922. The chalet was destroyed by a fire in 1930 and the Lido Cluana buildings were erected on the same site in 1933. These are two twin buildings designed by the engineer Gaetano Caradonna and positioned symmetrically on the old […] [continua]

Cristo Re Church

A modern building started in 1933 designed by the engineer Gustavo Stainer and finished at the end of the 1980s thanks in part to the financial contribution of the fishermen and ship owners of Civitanova, the church, with a single nave, is distinguished by its multicoloured stained glass windows and the bell tower designed by the Roman architect Dante Tassotti, […] [continua]

Old Fish Market

Built right after the First World War, with a rectangular floor plan, it features typical Art Nouveau-style decorations with dolphin-shaped acroteria on the roof. It was once the centre of the local fresh fish trade and is now used for over-the-counter sale of fish and vegetables. [continua]

Palazzo Sforza

Palazzo Sforza-Cesarini, now the Civitanova Marche municipal hall, was built, as the plaque on its staircase indicates, by Duke Lorenzo Sforza, between February and December 1862. The building, with its imposing late-Neoclassical style, was built with brickwork and decorated with sculpted Renaissance motifs, including terracotta cornucopias, masks and capitals. The east side of the building was attached to the Port […] [continua]
1 2